1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: disk conversion

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sanjaymegh, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sanjaymegh

sanjaymegh Thread Starter

hi...
    I bought a new dell laptop of 500gb hd..when i bought it has windows 7 64 bit operating systm..and it has 1 partition,so i tried make it to 4 but i didnt..so i installed win 32 bit OS and i make it 4 partitions,but the disk is converted to dynamic disk....now i tried to install win 7 64 bit OS..after installation on laptop screen a blue screen appears and shows some error messages and it exits.and it is repeating again when i restart laptop....
    So anyone plz tell me how to convert dynamic disk to basic disk.......
    I tried in disk management by deleting all volumes and after that i right clicked on Disk but the option convert to basic disk is disabled.... So anyone plz tell me how to convert dynamic disk to basic disk....

2. Gizmoto

Gizmoto

Try completely wipe the HDD with a 3rd party drive wiper.

3. kris141087

kris141087

Hi I do not believe that you can convert a dynamic disk to a basic one without the loss of the data contained on it.

4. parttimetechie

parttimetechie Banned

Kris is correct, you can not convert a dynamic disk to a basic one without completely wiping the drive.

5. sanjaymegh

how can i wipe d drive

6. parttimetechie

parttimetechie Banned

Right click it in my computer and choose format. make sure you have saved everything you want from it though.

7. sanjaymegh

i did,,but it didnt work....now also the option convert to basic in disk management is disabled....so plz tell me another method

8. Firebreather

Firebreather

9. parttimetechie

parttimetechie Banned

When you say it didn't work, which part did not work?

10. sanjaymegh

I deleted all volumes..and i formatted recovery drive.but i cant delete that recovery drive..without deleting that drive i cant convert dynamic disk to basic ..so plz tell me how to delete that drive..and help me to solve this problem.

11. parttimetechie

parttimetechie Banned

You should be able to delete that partition, right click and delete partition. You might be able to just convert to basic and just accept the loss of data *which there would be none*

12. sanjaymegh

Finally I fixed it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i called Dell customer care & i informed them my problem,they told me to cleanup the hard drive through driver CD,,i followeed the instruction what they given,,,,,,,,,,,& finally it is solved......................

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1010732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice