1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Display Down after Lid Closes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Sins, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sins

Sins Thread Starter

I updated all my drivers using DriverMax and then verified those uploads against Intel's updated driver support scan. Both agreed with each other on the updates and that all was well. It was some week later when I was working and closed the lid on my HP dv7 (Win 7 Home Premium) opened it again within 10 seconds and ever since the screen simply doesn't come back after closing the lid. I have set all power options to Max Performance, turned off Hibernation and Sleep with no change in outcome. Checked the updated BIOS (updated via OM Intel site) and no applicable (or at least identified) power settings found. Suggestions welcomed! :confused:

HP dv7 Entertainment

Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
    i5 460M @ 2.53GHz / RAM 6 GB DDR3
    Motherboard HP 163D (CPU)

Graphics - Generic PnP Monitor
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370 HP
    625GB HD ATA (SATA)

2. dai

dai

check the video driver is the hp one

check for anything at the time of the problem in the event viewer

3. Sins

Sins Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip! I went back to HP and downloaded the original graphics drivers and everything returned to normal. it would seem that newer is not always better. Thanks!:)

4. dai

dai

glad you have it sorted

with laptops you generally have to get the drivers from the manufacurer

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice