[SOLVED] Display Properties

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
C

Cameron27529

I had to reinstall windows and start over so everthing that was on my computer before is now gone but now all I can get is 2 or 16 color how do I get my old colors back like 256 and True color and all that?

Cameron27529

Welcome to TSG!

You need to install the drivers for your video card. Once reinstalled, you should be able to right click the desktop and set everything back up.

Let us know

css

It's My Birthday!
I have exactly the same problem. Win98SE installed but no choices for color but 2 or 16 bit. I reinstalled drivers from Compaq with no help. Someone said I have to reinstall adapter card drivers. Older HP (about 3 years old) and compaq monitor. Enerything else seems to work OK but I have seen several similar messages about sound card etc. Is this something with Win98?

You should download the latest driver offered from he maker of your video card.

css:
You should also download all the latest drivers available for each hardware that is giving you trouble. You can get them at the makers website. Remember to uninstall
it first in Device Manager, then reboot and install the drivers.

css

It's My Birthday!
HP 600 series as I recall. I am doing this for a friend. Video is onboard so I need to get motherboard model I guess and then get video adapter

C

Cameron27529

I installed the drivers and I now have all of my colors and resolution back thanks alot guys!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online