1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Display Properties

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Cameron27529, Jan 20, 2003.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cameron27529

Cameron27529 Guest Thread Starter

I had to reinstall windows and start over so everthing that was on my computer before is now gone but now all I can get is 2 or 16 color how do I get my old colors back like 256 and True color and all that?

2. rugrat

rugrat

Cameron27529

Welcome to TSG!

You need to install the drivers for your video card. Once reinstalled, you should be able to right click the desktop and set everything back up.

Let us know

3. css

css It's My Birthday!

I have exactly the same problem. Win98SE installed but no choices for color but 2 or 16 bit. I reinstalled drivers from Compaq with no help. Someone said I have to reinstall adapter card drivers. Older HP (about 3 years old) and compaq monitor. Enerything else seems to work OK but I have seen several similar messages about sound card etc. Is this something with Win98?

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What model HP?

5. kknla

kknla

You should download the latest driver offered from he maker of your video card.

css:
    You should also download all the latest drivers available for each hardware that is giving you trouble. You can get them at the makers website. Remember to uninstall
    it first in Device Manager, then reboot and install the drivers.

6. css

css It's My Birthday!

HP 600 series as I recall. I am doing this for a friend. Video is onboard so I need to get motherboard model I guess and then get video adapter

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

8. Cameron27529

Cameron27529 Guest Thread Starter

I installed the drivers and I now have all of my colors and resolution back thanks alot guys!

9. kknla

kknla

you're welcome :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice