1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Displayport Daisy Chaining

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by football101, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. football101

football101 Thread Starter

I have a lenovo x230t computer with Windows 7. I contacted dell asking them if their u2414h monitor support displayport daisy chaining and told me if would. I bought 3 of these monitors. I have connected my laptop (which has displayport) to the first monitor which has mini dp in. Then, connected dp out on the first monitor to mini dp in on the second monitor. Lastly, I connected dp out on the second monitor to mini dp in on the 3rd monitor.

The problem is I cannot get the external monitors to show different things. The computer treats them as one and duplicates their displays. I have tried with another laptop and a mac and get the same results. I tried contacting dell and got a lot of transfers and then to a guy that knew nothing at all. On top of that, he wanted to charge me $130 when I just got these monitors and I should receive free help to get their products working the way they are supposed to.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
  3. football101

Hm. Not sure. I did post on a lenovo forum to find out if my laptop actually has displayport 1.2 since I can't seem to find the answer.

The graphics card is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. Looks like that's the problem, but I'm not sure how many monitors that card supports.

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I'm having problems trying to find the specifications or user guide for a lenovo x230t. Maybe somebody else here can shed some light on what the video output supports.

5. football101

6. football101

It appears that my lenovo laptop has the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, which does not support displayport 1.2; it only supports 1.1a.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!