1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Distorted audio

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cripser, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cripser

cripser Thread Starter

My audio is very choppy-sounding and nothing I'm doing seems to improve it. Running Windows XP-sp3 . Updated and scanned with Microsoft Security Essentials (not sure if this does anything anyway), Malwarebytes and SuperspyAntiSpyware- all clean. Ran Windows disk clean-up and Auslogics defrag. Any suggestions would be apprecated!

2. Laz123

Laz123 Banned

Go to RUN and type in dxdiag and follow the troubleshooter for sound.

3. cripser

cripser Thread Starter

I ran it and it found no problems. I should add that the distortion occurs when streaming music or audio over video clips. Sound from a CD or DVD is fine. Thanks.

4. Laz123

Laz123 Banned

Can you give your specs? There is a utility here on this site that auto reads and puts on your profile but it's hidden away and I can't find the link.

5. foxidrive

foxidrive Banned

6. cripser

cripser Thread Starter

I've been reading other related threads and think that I need to upgrade my RAM. I have 1G and room for 2G. Whether or not it solves my audio problem, I'm sure it will help overall performance. I'll close this issue for now and re-visit later if necessary. Thanks to all who offered assistance!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice