Solved: Distribute CPU processing and maybe RAM through network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chardin

Hello.
I was wondering what is it called when you have computers all linked together through ethernet, distributing the processing needs through the others to gain more speed.
I'm not sure if this can be done with windows, but i know it can be with linux.

But if anyone knows what this is called, or if they know where there is an instructional, that would be great.

Thanks (y)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
There are a number of schemes to do this, but you also need specialized software to really take advantage of the clustered processors. The Beowulf Cluster is one such scheme.

chardin

Hmm.
I had a look at that site you linked to, but i dont know if its worth doing, at the moment at least.
The reason i was looking in to it was to attempt to bridge my PC's CPU to my Laptop thought ethernet, so not a big cluster as it suggests.
I might look into it at a later date.
Thanks for your fast reply (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online