1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Distributuin List

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Dougj, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dougj

Dougj Thread Starter

I have a web site where I have placed multiple contact email addresses. Is there a way I can create some sort of ditribution list (or something like that)so that a visitor that wants to email ALL contacts in that list, can simply download all the email addresses at once, rather than copying and pasting them all into an email one at a time??

Thanks D.

2. rotarysteve

rotarysteve Banned

Dunno about that, I'm sure that there is...

The "Bot's" and "e-mail harvesters" will surely find that e-mail list, and may result in the owners of those address's getting lots of spam.

3. DrP

DrP

Rotarysteve is right, you could end up being cursed by the people on that list because you've given their email addy to every email scraper on the Internet! You've also got to get permission from those people anyway.

Can you try a form, instead, which requires a captcha?

4. sepala

sepala

As steve and DrP said, what you are going to do is not good, and I think it is illegal. If you really want to do it, then what you have to do is creating a PHP form which will call all the email addressees in the database and letting the PHP form to send the email to all the address(as we do in News Letters in web sites. Normally we create this kind of form by giving the access only to the admin). But I say again, You are going to make PRIVATE details PUBLIC, so that cannot be a good idea.

5. Dougj

Dougj Thread Starter

its not an issue...its for politicians.....enough said...lol

Thanks for the ideas

6. sepala

sepala

You are welcome

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975833

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice