1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dlookup error 2471 (Access)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Technodruid, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technodruid

Technodruid Thread Starter

Hey, Im Having an Issue with Dlookup on a query, The Query Pulls data from 5 tables, One field each Based on Proposal and ProposalID being equal, PropUpdate 1 and 2 are Numbers,the other 3 are text. Code was running fine for update 1&2 and at 1 point propInd But breaks at propInd after adding the other 2. it also breaks even if the others are deleted or commented out. ...Hah as I looked back to check something Now only propInd Breaks it. Any Ideas?
    Code:
    Dim propUpdate1 As Variant
    Dim propUpdate2 As Variant
    Dim propInd As Variant
    Dim propSol As Variant
    Dim propTech As Variant

propUpdate1 = DLookup("Proposal", "Query2")
    propUpdate2 = DLookup("ProposalID", "Query2")

propInd = DLookup("[Title]", "Query2")...... DLookup("Title", "Query2") Tried this Both with and without Brackets for all 3 that break.

propSol = DLookup("[SolutionType]", "Query2")
    propTech = DLookup("[TechnologyName]", "Query2")

Well Not Sure what happened But I finished posting this and Switched back to the DB and soon as I retested it worked fine.(only been Messing with it like 2 hrs before posting.)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977194

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice