1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: DMI Hookup to Viewsonic LCD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by buf, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buf

buf Thread Starter

This monitor came with a DMI cable and the usual VGA cable. I ordered and installed an nvision 6200 card and I installed the latest drivers for the card and disabled the onboard video on the motherboard. Question: I attached the DMI and VGA cables onto the Video card but I not sure that this hookup is correct. Should the VGA cable be attached direct;y to the tower or is my present hookup just as good. Picture quality is good but it 'may be' better if the VGA is hooked to the tower. As usual, TIA.

EDIT: Just thought my question and I believed my present hookup is the only way for me to go. Why? Because I disabled the onboard video, hooking the VGA cable to the tower would not do anything for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!