Solved: DMI Hookup to Viewsonic LCD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

buf

This monitor came with a DMI cable and the usual VGA cable. I ordered and installed an nvision 6200 card and I installed the latest drivers for the card and disabled the onboard video on the motherboard. Question: I attached the DMI and VGA cables onto the Video card but I not sure that this hookup is correct. Should the VGA cable be attached direct;y to the tower or is my present hookup just as good. Picture quality is good but it 'may be' better if the VGA is hooked to the tower. As usual, TIA.

EDIT: Just thought my question and I believed my present hookup is the only way for me to go. Why? Because I disabled the onboard video, hooking the VGA cable to the tower would not do anything for me.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts