1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: DNS server not responding??

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DirtyD, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DirtyD

DirtyD Thread Starter

Through the past couple of months I've had non stop problems with my internet. But always it shows that i have a strong connection but cannot connect. It use to say limited access and now its saying no access. I've ran windows diagnostics several times and all it says to the limited access is reset your router, this does not work. Recently it says no access i ran diagnostics and it said dns server unresponsive but it shows as connected still. All other devices can connect (2 laptops, xbox, blue ray player, 2 desktops)......... I have tried disabling my internet security and this seems to not be the problem, I've replaced multiple modems please help.

also when i was connected to the internet on my laptop the xbox can't connect or if the desktop is being used up stairs i can't connect on my laptop it has seem to be like as well.... All these devices are connected to the Internet via wireless.

My problem seems to be pretty close related to this solved post, http://forums.techguy.org/networking/620634-solved-cannot-connect-primary-dns.html How ever i don't see the solution.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The solution in that other thread turned out to be using the OpenDNS server--see the last paragraph of post # 14.

3. DirtyD

DirtyD Thread Starter

I was printing out instructions to open the dns but i am now getting internet with the possibility of it going out again, should i still follow through? and it seems to still get interference from other wireless, internet is still slow but fast on the others.

4. DirtyD

DirtyD Thread Starter

i have done ipconfig /all if there are any problems what should i be looking for?

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I cannot say. You made the determination that your issue was close enough to that other thread to try the same fix.

For a good connection and again for when you have lost connection ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

6. DirtyD

DirtyD Thread Starter

Is there anyway for me to send you the screenshots privately/ be able to delete the attachment after posted?

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    That would be against forum rules. You can obliterate your name or any inappropriate word before posting/attaching.

8. ninjaman123

ninjaman123

I use DNS Jumper.

9. DirtyD

DirtyD Thread Starter

so after awhile internet was working for a good week (reason for late reply) it went out again and i got the chance to run xirrus wifi inspector and here it is..... internet is now back up within 6 hrs.

Attached Files:

10. ninjaman123

ninjaman123

Did you try DNS Jumper? Try it trust me. It should work I had the same problem but I also had to take my wireless card out. The connections had so dust on them. Are you wireless or wired?

11. DirtyD

DirtyD Thread Starter

I'm wireless and it keeps saying i am loosing my, external ip / i go to internet is says access i got to status no access ipv6 doesn't have anything listed by it, Just blank space.

12. DirtyD

DirtyD Thread Starter

and i have not tried dns jumper yet i was trying to research it and see if i can harm anything.

13. DirtyD

DirtyD Thread Starter

I have been able to connect to other wireless networks perfectly (friends)

14. DirtyD

DirtyD Thread Starter

Was encouraged to do so looking at other post,

Attached Files:

15. DirtyD

DirtyD Thread Starter

DNS jumper fixed the dns problem

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027151

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice