1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Do DVDs and Blu-rays have serial numbers?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by namenotfound, Jan 9, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. namenotfound

namenotfound Thread Starter

I was wondering if there was a serial number on the box, and if so where do I find it?
    I recently bought Compartments, which lets you take an inventory of everything you own and list their prices, model numbers, and serial numbers. I was wondering if DVDs and Blu-rays have serial numbers, or just model numbers?

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi namenotfound,

Look on the back of the DVD and Blu-ray players and there will will find (on a mfgr plate) both a model and serial number.

-- Tom

3. namenotfound

Thanks, but I meant the actual movies themselves. I want to catalog my hundreds of DVDs and Blu-rays in case of fire or robbery. (considering that a lot of them are in limited edition collectors packaging, I'd want to know if they have a serial number)

I already listed my players, tvs, computers, and other valuables.

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi namenotfound,

It may be that they do have embedded serial numbers in the headers of the DVD tracks, but for that information you will need to do some research to find out what they are, or if they even exist.

-- Tom

5. namenotfound

Alright, thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973600

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice