Solved: Do I have to use VGA?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

doctorzeus

Hey,

I'm just building a new computer and have ordered a graphics card with 2 DVI outputs and no VGA as well as having no VGA output on the motherboard..

My question is when I first boot this thing up, will the motherboard imedietly recognise the Graphics Hardware and the display output?

In otherwords will I be able to see stuff of the screen such as the bios starting and etc with no VGA ports and only DVI? (XFX Radeon HD 5770)

Hope you know what I'm getting at..

Thanks

Doctorzeus

Sure you will. VGA (Video Graphics Array) output is actually the result of conversion of the DVI (Digital Visual Interface) video signal created by the video card. Using DVI does nothing more than eliminate the DVI/VGA conversion process.

Raybro

No, and depends on your monitor ports. If you have both DVI and VGA connections on monitor you're good to go. If no DVI, just VGA, you will get (normally) a DVI/VGA dongel with your video card to adapt DVI to VGA if need be and that works perfectly. My 5770 has 2-DVI, 1-HDMI and 1-Display Port and I'm using the HDMI to an HDMI monitor (monitor has DVI - VGA - HDMI ports).

Happy Holidays!(y)

doctorzeus

Ok Thanks for the replys, I thought it would but just wanted to be sure :)

Thanks

Doctorzeus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online