Solved: Domain GPO vrs OU GPO.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StumpedTechy

Okay I'll admit so far GPO wise I have only set domain wide defaults.

I needed to find out something about OU wide GPO objects though. If I have an OU that only houses users (no computer accounts are in there) and I create a GPO that has settings in the Computer Configuration section will it take place since there are no computer accounts in this OU?

Basically I am asking if a user account is in an OU without a computer will computer configuration OUs still apply to any PC that account moves to?

StumpedTechy

Just in case your wondering no you can't

Computer Configuration will only apply to the computers listed within an OU not apply to the computer that a user in the OU is using. So if the user goes to a computer in another OU their computer configuration won't work.

Sad I wish you could apply it to a user and have it stick on a computer.... but I guess I can see why they don't allow that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online