Solved: dont know what type of ram i should put in computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gmcsierra99

Banned
im going to upgarde my Dell Optiplex GX110 to 512 MB ram, but dont know which type of 256 MB chip to look for? do anybody know what would fit in my computer? thanks.

and i was going to upgrade my hard drive to, to like a 40 gig but dont know if anyone would fit.

crucial.com has a little ticker that may help locate type of ram. an as for hard drive it depends on age of system wether you can upgrade yor harddrive this mostly has to do with bios but also connection type

It takes PC100 SDRAM DIMMs. This site has what you need for $60, just enter your model and it'll take you to it:

http://www.memorysuppliers.com/

Edit: And I don't think you can add a second drive to your machine, you'd have to replace the one you have. To be sure, go to the Dell site, post on their message board about it, they'll tell you for sure.

gmcsierra99

Banned
alright, thanks, guys, does anybody know where to get a good hard drive?

No problem, and yeah, just go to newegg.com for the hard drive, a western digital 40gb is like $56 total after shipping, that's good.

Or you could try Pricewatch.com They have a few cheaper, but I didn't recognize any of the stores really.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online