1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Door Won't Open?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Madakatude, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Madakatude

Madakatude Thread Starter

I installed a new 52x24x52 external CDRW. I see it in device manager, my computer etc. but I can't open it or use it. The drivers look fine. Even if I press the button on the drive it won't open.

I am not sure if I have a USB 2.0 and I don't know where to find that info. I have XP Pro & SP1. The cdrw manual says it can still work but at a slower speed if you don't have a 2.0.

Is it the cdrw or the computer?

2. stod73

stod73

Is there a power switch on the back of the drive? Are there any lights on the drive? Do they light up? On the front of the drive there should be a pin size hole, if you stick a paper-clip in there it will manually opent he door.

3. CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK

Try to open it when it is not plugged into the computer.
    If it opens then it's your PC
    If it doesn't then it's the drive

4. Madakatude

Madakatude Thread Starter

I sent it back. It definitely was a physical problem. It would not read or write even after I forced the door open.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice