1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dowload cell phone to computer

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by gil777t, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gil777t

gil777t Thread Starter

Can I download text from my my lg motorola, to my desktop using a usb cable? Over at verizon I got just as many yes you can as no you can't, with everything in between.
    What's the story?:cool:

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    make and model of the Phone
    A lot of phones have a PC application
    I know nokia PC suite can see the texts received and with the phone connected to the PC - you can type the text on the PC and send via the phone

3. gil777t

gil777t Thread Starter

Please re-read the question, and then respond to the the question that was asked.
    Best regards, GIL777T

4. bjf98

bjf98

5. gil777t

gil777t Thread Starter

6. gil777t

gil777t Thread Starter

hello Bjf98,
    I've spoke to soon! The program downloaded all the files, but they're all in code. Now what? ( In the last couple of days trying to solve this, I was called a Hacker, that Bitpim was a hackers site, that it was illegal to download your own pictures, and media off your phone, but they could not quite tell me who owned them. I guess Motorola who offered to sell me the software to do it, is just an illegal hackers site. ]
    Best Regards,
    Gil777t

7. bjf98

bjf98

8. gil777t

gil777t Thread Starter

Hi Bjf98,
    Yes it does my friend. I'm smelling a possible solution.
    Best Regards,
    Gil777t

9. bjf98

bjf98

Sorry about the delay, I got caught up in the holidays. ;) I've only ever used Bitpim for ringtones, but I might be able to help. Can you read them in the Bitpim window? When you select the memo on the left, you should be able to read it in the bottom right. If you can, try copying to Notepad/Word/etc. and saving. Should work.
    Best regards,
    bjf98

10. gil777t

gil777t Thread Starter

Thank you Bjf98,
    I will do that as soon as I get my phone back from my daughter. { the joys of fatherhood } It just so happens another person told me the same thing today. It worked for them. Thanks a million for taking the time to get back to me.
    Best Regards,
    Gil777t

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/876916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice