1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: download speed

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by zookre, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zookre

zookre Thread Starter

when I download pictures directly from my sd card directly to my computer they are taking forever since I got a 4 gig card but if I use a usb cable to download them they go as fast as ever, is there something wrong with my card reader or is this normal

2. jdean

jdean

This isn't normal.
    Do you use the same USB port for the cable and the card reader?
    If not, make sure that the port for the card reader supports USB 2.

3. dannyn

dannyn

I do not understand the question, but I will take a stab at it.
    So you are saying that if you use your camera to download the pictures it is quick, but when you use an SD card reader to download pictures it takes awhile?
    Sounds like your SD card reader does not support USB 2.0.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The card reader on the PC will not be compatable with the high density 4 GB card, but are with the camera connected by USB. The camera acts as a high capacity reader.

You need a new card reader with D capability, just been through the same issue here.

5. zookre

zookre Thread Starter

thanks kiwiguy that is the problem

6. jdean

jdean

you said that downloading pictures was taking forever. you didn't say it wasn't working. i give up.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/772752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice