1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Downloaded file to get sound on safe-mode, now the internet doesn't work

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by JonnyCM, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyCM

JonnyCM Thread Starter

I had the security suite virus on my computer, so I started running it in safe mode with networking to get on the net before I tried to fix it.
    I quickly found out that sound isn't enabled on safe mode, so I looked around online to find a solution for this.

I came across this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0oFKPucAhU

I did everything I needed to do, sound works! But the internet doesn't. It works on my other accounts(thats how I'm posting this)

So now whenever I open any of my browsers, it says it can't find the webpage, or the webpage isn't available. I figured out how to remove the virus while the computer was on just normal mode, so I tried opening the internet in normal mode, and it still says the same stuff.

I have a feeling this messed with the registry on my computer because it was a .reg file. It gave me some warning beforehand, but I just ignored it and clicked "Ok"

PLLEEASE help!!

EDIT: Nevermind, went to LAN settings and clicked automatic. Thanks anyways!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!