1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dreamweaver CS3 trial failure

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Sammeh_Boy, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sammeh_Boy

Sammeh_Boy Thread Starter

I've downloaded the Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 trial 3 times, installed it 5 times, and decided that neither of those is going to help the problem. When I click on the newly installed application to run, it hangs on startup, now, as it took quite a while to install, I figured this may take quite a while to start. I left it for a few minutes and it still sat there on 'Initializing files'.

This happens every time, and I've decided to try seek out some help. Those of you with any knowledge or advice, it would be much appreciated.

thanks,
    sam

2. Guybrush

Guybrush

This happened to me once. I am still not sure if that is the reason, but when i removed sun java from the system, DW which was running like a snail earlier, suddenly started working like a champ.

3. Sammeh_Boy

I'll try it and let you know how it works out. thanks :)

EDIT: Tried it, but it still didnt work :( was worth a shot though :)
    I guess i'll just leave it and try it again in a months time or so :D

4. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

Well now if you try it in a month from now, It does not nescisarily mean that it will work, you "may" run into the same problems again.

I suggest going to adobe.com and looking at the documentation provided for dreamweaver.

Also the documentation can be found in the folder that was extracted to your desktop at the time of installation.

Hope I can be of futher assistance.
    -Thanks

5. Sammeh_Boy

I googled to find if anybody had been suffering from the same problem as myself. I'd done this in the past, but i put a more detailed search in and found that it was clashing with Acer eData Security Management. After uninstalling this software, seeing as I don't use it anyway. Dreamweaver opened correctly :)

6. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for reporting back with your solution! (y)

7. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

I've had problems with Acer eData Security Management - I really don't see the point in it as I never use it, and it crashes every 5 minutes. Thanks for posting the solution I'll remember this for any future problems ;)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752217

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice