1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Drive gets corrupted and unreadable repeatedly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by foscof, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. foscof

foscof Thread Starter

Hi guys,

My drive gets corrupted and unreadable repeatedly and it's driving me nuts.

I was never able to format this hard disk successfully through disk management or the command prompt window.

So i ran the HITACHI Drive Fitness Test (disk in good condition), had the disk erased, and used Maxtor's Maxblast to partition and format.

But now whatever files i transfer into this particular drive gets corrupted instantly. It either doesn't play or open fully.

And after moving some files into the drive and restarting a couple of times, either of the follow messages shows when i attempt to access the drive:

- The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
    - The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable

I'm not worried about recovering the data now... i just want the damn drive to stop getting corrupted/unreadable/unstructured.

Anyone know what's wrong?

2. pinntech

pinntech

What is the exact model number of the drive?

What system do you have? Make & model? If self-built or not streamline, what motherboard?

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/714535