Solved: driver for printer hp laserjet p3005

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jealsj

Good morning friends
I just formatted the hard drive of a pc on which was installed a printer hp laserjet p3005. I don't have the driver of the printer and i have tried in vain to download a driver from the internet. All the files i downloaded seemed to be updates or fixes. I haven't succeeded to get the installation file. could anyone please help? I went already to this site: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...lang=fr&prodSeriesId=1846088&prodTypeId=18972
but could net get what i was looking for.
Thanks in advance

etaf

Wayne
whats the windows version - there are drivers there -

what model are you selecting
and then
what windows version

Jealsj

Thanks for the reply. I had internet problems and had difficulties sending the post. it is surely in the course of trying several times that there was a duplicate.
I went to the site indicated and downloaded the files hp laserjet p3005 PCL5 driver and PCL6 driver, but none of them had the executable file. I also downloaded hp laserjet p3005 printer firmware for windows which did not install for lack of an .exe file. So far, that it all I could do.
I need the driver for the pc that was formatted window xp professional and for his laptop, windows 7
Thanks in advance

etaf

Wayne
the downloads are an .exe for me
just double click on the files

Jealsj

ok, I'll try again and give you the feed back, but the last time i tried, it opened a dialogue box to extract files and among the files extracted there was no .exe file.

etaf

Wayne
OK I see what you mean - double click on the .exe and then that creates a folder on the C:\ drive
HP LJP3005 PCL5 Driver
then you will see an .inf file - thats the install file
BUT you need to ADD printer and then when it asks if you want to installl from a known location CD etc - then point to the directory HP LJP3005 PCL5 Driver and it should pick up the .inf file and install

Jealsj

the .inf file opens a notepad document instead. when i rightclick on it and take install, nothing happens. I don't very well understand what you mean by ADD printer. is it connecting the printer before intall or is it an option to choose when prompted?
Thanks for your patience

etaf

Wayne
you need the windows add a driver software to run and you then point to the inf file

if you goto
control panel >
printers >
now theres an option to add a printer
click on that
then follow the wizard

OR
if you plug the printer in windows will detect new hardware and then at some point will say it cannot fnd drivers - then you should be able to click on that info and tell windows where to find the drivers -

whats the windows version you have

Jealsj

but i now see what you mean. I will do it and give you feed back later. Thanks very much

Jealsj

I am back again. I tried the solution you proposed to ADD PRINTER but it was adding a plug and play printer and said that if my printer uses a USB port, i didn't need to use the ADD PRINTER methode. I connected the printer, it detected new material, said the new material was installed and ready for use, but there was no printer installed, and the drivers had not been installed.

Jealsj

it is for windows xp professional but I also need to install the printer on a laptop with windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online