Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Driver issues on Toshiba Satellite

2K views 14 replies 2 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-049 here that is not picking up any wireless networks. I uninstalled the wireless drivers that were in there and tried to install the drivers off the website. They don't seem to run and I can't get the right driver for it. I'm pretty stuck to be honest. Any help would be much appreciated.

tia

SE

#2 ·
According to the product specifications site for the Toshiba Satellite A100-049 laptop, it has
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Wireless LAN

Go to the Device Manager and advise what's listed in the Network Adapters heading.

Are you using Windows XP or Vista or 7, 32-bit or 64-bit?

The current driver can be downloaded from here, but the Windows version is needed first.

-------------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
Oops. Sorry mate. Firstly I downloaded it from the Toshiba website. Secondly it only has the Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection in the Network adapters. Not even any unknown devices. Very strange, I think

#9 ·
If the ONLY device listed in Network Adapters in the Device Manager is Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection, the wired device is the ONLY one being detected.

The Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Wireless LAN wireless device is NOT being detected.

You said there are NO entries in the Device Manager with a ? or ! next to them, correct?

------------------------------------------------------------

If the integrated wireless device is no longer being detected and working, your only quick option is to buy and connect an external USB wireless adapter, such as Linksys/Cisco or D-Link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...SpeTabStoreType=&AdvancedSearch=1&srchInDesc=

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...SpeTabStoreType=&AdvancedSearch=1&srchInDesc=

------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.