1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Caused By tcpip.sys+48ce

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by worme, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. worme

worme Thread Starter

Every once in a while whilst surfing the web, I get a BSOD citing tcpip.sys related errors.
    Most recently, I was browsing through google maps in street view when the BSOD came on and forced my machine to restart.

Any ideas why this happens every now and then?

I have Comodo Firewall + AVG installed and windows firewall disabled.
    Running on XP Pro SP3 with all the latest updates.

I attached the full minidump in this post, please check it if neccessary thanks.

Here is the snapshot of the most recent dump of the BSOD taken by BlueScreenView

==================================================
    Dump File : Mini041610-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 16/04/2010 11:37:35 AM
    Bug Check String : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug Check Code : 0x100000d1
    Parameter 1 : 0x0000000c
    Parameter 2 : 0x00000002
    Parameter 3 : 0x00000000
    Parameter 4 : 0xb350d8ce
    Caused By Driver : tcpip.sys
    Caused By Address : tcpip.sys+48ce
    File Description : TCP/IP Protocol Driver
    Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 5.1.2600.5625 (xpsp_sp3_gdr.080620-1249)
    Processor : 32-bit
    ==================================================

Attached Files:

2. TekTime

TekTime

You could have Winsock2 corruption, follow the advice given on the link below, from Microsoft. Post back if this doesnt' help or even if it does. :)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

--------------------------------------------------
    You can also bypass reading the info from the link above, and click the link below to download "winsock fix"
    http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9662461

3. worme

worme Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.

I tried both tests and have attached the results in this post. I do not know if I actually have winsock corruption because most of the tests pass including winsock's. However I failed the NetBT test, not too sure what is that though.
    Using the Msinfo32 test, I found more than 10 entries in the list.

Can you analyse the results I posted and determine if I should attempt to fix my winsock? Because I have read about the risks involving it, which might affect Comodo Firewall & AVG.

And on a side note, sometimes the messages I sent out on windows live messenger do not get received by my contacts. This usually happens on a random basis too. I am not sure if both problems are related though.

Attached Files:

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Comodo would be my first guess for that type of networking error and it appears confirmed by the bugcheck (inspect.sys=Comodo). Try uninstalling and returning to the Windows firewall for a test.

By the way yk51x86.sys is for your Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Controller drivers -- if not the most current you should update them as this presence in this part of the bugcheck can indicate a problem with them and compatibility with Comodo.

5. worme

worme Thread Starter

Hmm I guess you are right as my previous two similar BSODs happened whilst comodo while running in the background.
    My Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Controller drivers are already updated to the latest version before the BSODs came on.

So I guess I will stick to Windows Firewall for now since Comodo seems to have an incompatibility issue with my network card drivers.

Thanks very much!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice