1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: [Drivers Needed] Sumvision Wireless-N 150Mbps PCI Adapter SVW311P

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kirkwood364, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kirkwood364

Kirkwood364 Thread Starter

Hello, Today I Installed a new motherboard on my computer as the old one was well kinda old. Anyway I decided on making a fresh installation of windows as there really isn't anything on my computer that I cant replace. Before I did this I made sure I had all of my driver installation cd's. I had them all except the one for my Sumvision Wireless-N 150Mbps PCI Adapter SVW311P, however I have had problems in the past and have downloaded them from the sumvision website so I proceeded with the fresh Windows Installation. Now here's where the problem begins. After installing all of my drivers it would appear that the sumvision website no longer has the drivers for my device and neither does the depths of Google. I would really appreciate any advice or help that can be given. Many Thanks P/s: Sorry if I have made any mistakes in this post I am new to the forum.

Some System Specs:
    Motherboard: Asus M5A99XEVO
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6670

2. Amai

Amai

Hi! I google it and found this: Click here
    Is this the right driver for you? you didn't give the ID of your device but it's have the exact name you mentioned.

3. Kirkwood364

I was reluctant to use the site when I saw it. Although I did and the drivers appear to not be the correct ones but I believe they are compatible as Both devices were made by Ralink before being branded by Sweex and Sumvison. This is kind of embarrising but I dont know how to Install them as there isnt a .Exe and Windows does not detect them when I try to add them manually through Device Manager. Now I am unsure as what to do.

And Thanks for the Help and Reply

4. Kirkwood364

Huzzah I also discovered that the device uses the same drivers as the D-Link DWA-525 Wireless N 150 Desktop Adapter. So i installed the drivers and it works like a charm even with the old Sumvision Utility. Thanks for all the help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!