1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Totalstranger, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Totalstranger

Totalstranger Thread Starter

Can someone tell me how to put my drivers on a Cd or DVD in XP Pro?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Download and save the driver files that you need, then burn the saved files to a CD-R or DVD-R.

What program do you use to burn CD's and DVD's?

If you don't have one, Ashampoo Burning Studio Free 6.77 is a very good and user-friendly one that you can download and install.

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. Totalstranger

What I want to do is save the drivers that is making XP work on one of my other PCs. I bought a copy of XP Pro SP3 that turned out to be part of a Volume License Purchase that is expired, so it cannot be activated. I just want to put the drivers all on a disk. So when I get a good copy of XP
    I do not have to look for any drivers when I reinstall XP.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I have 4 desktops. The drivers for each one are saved on separate CD-R's. If and when I need to do a clean install of XP in any of them, I use the CD-R afterwards to install the drivers that didn't get installed by the clean install of XP.

----------------------------------------------------------------

5. Totalstranger

MY problem is I hate to admit it. But I do not know how to go thru and burn them all to a disk. I did not find the missing drivers or install them. Before this I had never installed XP or used it very much.
    I got back into computers not long after Vista was released. I want to see what is so great about XP. And I am taking some classes that I need it for. The class goes back all the way back to Windows 3 x and talks about DOS even. But mostly on Windows 95 and up. I am going to use an old
    PC for the releases of Windows 2000 and maybe releases of Windows 98. I may have access to most of the OSs and maybe both machines. But before the HP I got in `06 or `07. The last time I had a computer it had a 286 proccesser and ran a DOS OS and no enternet and no mouse I am almost sure.
    Well I had some Atari and one called Adam. My Dad had a Comador 64 MB. Computers have advanced
    a log way since then. But I did not mess with computers from then until Windows Vista.

But anyway I just want to know how to go thru my XP Pro installation and put the drivers on a CD or DVD on this 2006 or 2007 HP Slimline. I am not sure how. Is there any software or part of some kind of software package that will help you back up and burn all of the drivers to a disk? Or do you have to do one at a time or what? I have not even burned many disks. Just restore and PC Docter Hardware Diagnostic Tools disks and a Windows 7 repair disk and a few program installations so I
    could use one disk to reinstall several quickly instead of the enternet.

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You don't need to waste time learning about ancient operating systems. You need to spend time learning about Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Windows XP has been out for over 9 years and is still the most popular operating system in use. It's too bad you didn't learn how to use it a long time ago. It would've made the transistion to Windows Vista and Windows 7 much easier.

Since you've been away from computers for so long, you need someone to personally teach you how to download and save and burn off files to CD-R's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

7. Davec

Davec Gone but never forgotten

A legal version of Windows would make things much simpler.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice