1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: DRM removal/converter

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by exceller, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

I recently downoaded some WMV video's which appear to be DRM protected.

I wanted to watch these video's from a USB stick plugged into my TV usb port. But although I saved them on the stick and will play on my laptop, but the TV will not play them being not in a format required.

Tried various programs such as Nero, Prism and Aimersoft, Aimersoft will start to convert but only for a minute as its a trial. When playing back whats been converted, its abit jumpy, so alittle reluctant to purchase.

Any Freewares to convert or remove the DRM.

thanks

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Forum rules - Circumventing Copy Protection / Copyright Infringement - While we believe it's reasonable to make backup copies of CDs and DVDs that you own, a lot of people break copy protection for the wrong reasons. The law is still vague as to whether or not it's legal to break copy protection in order to make such a backup, even for personal use. (The DMCA, for example, seems to make it illegal). If we can find a nice way to draw the line, we may reconsider this in the future as laws get sorted out. As a result, we do not allow discussion on how to break copy protection or use emulation software at this time.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    As mentioned, our rules prohibit with removing such restrictions therefore I have to close this thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!