1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dropped wi-fi connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by hedacota, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hedacota

hedacota Thread Starter

I use a Verizon 4G Jetpack as my wi-fi connection to the Internet. The PC I use is a Gateway and if I walk away from the unit for a few minutes, or do not use the keyboard for a few minutes, I lose my connection to the Verzion Jetpack. I've been putting up with this for sometime but have finally had enough and am trlying to rectify the situation. We have another PC (Dell) in the same office and it does not lose the connection no matter how long you are away. I'm hoping this is a simple setting change, but I can't find out where to make the change. Your help would be appreciated. My Gateway specs are as follows:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8096 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -239 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 940455 MB, Free - 838716 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway, IPISB-VR
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Control Panel (small or large icons) - Power Options - Change plan settings (for your current plan ) - Change advanced power settings - Wireless Adapter Settings - Power Saving Mode - if not set to 'Maximum Performance' try a setting that does less power saving.

3. hedacota

hedacota Thread Starter

Txs for the help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!