1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: .DST Conversion Please

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by kaytothewhy, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaytothewhy

kaytothewhy Thread Starter

Hi everyone.

Unfortunately I'm not as tech-savvy as the rest of you, I'm really quite a noob when it comes to these things. However, I've been trying to design a logo for a boarding stable that I work for, due to the fact that I have access to lots of different Adobe programs at my school and that I can do it for free.
    I have been trying to figure out how to convert this file to a .dst file so that it can be used for embroidery purposes. I can't do that myself and this seems like the best place to ask. I have made this in Adobe Photoshop, which is the only program that I can somewhat use without messing up too much. I saved it as a .png. I've never really understood any of these programs or anything design related, so it's a big step for me to try to achieve something like this.
    So here are a couple of questions:
    1. Would someone be able to convert this to a .dst file for me please?
    2. When the file is opened at the embroidery place, will they be able to change the colors of the image (the font and horse head) to the desired colors (maroon and silver)?

Thanks to anyone who can help me, and feel free to offer advice lol! :)

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    1) Maybe
    2) Yes ... Choosing the thread color is a manual process
    Attach the png here .. It will need to be "Digitized" to an Embroidery file (dst) by someone who has the software.

3. kaytothewhy

I keep trying to attach the file by going to "manage attachments" and uploading it that way, but it does not seem to let me. A blank white screen just comes up once I select the file and click "upload". Would I be able to e-mail this to someone?
    The link that comes up once I click upload is this:
    http://attachments.techguy.org/newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p=

But the screen is white. Not sure what else I can do here.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    If you go thru the procedure .. The file should show here ..
    But it must be less than 500kb.
    If Bigger, we'll need to do something else

Attached Files:

• 1014.png
      1014.png
      File size:
      190.6 KB
      Views:
  5. kaytothewhy

I keep trying but I just get a white screen.

6. SignalPunch

SignalPunch

What's the file extension?

(Jay, I like that turkey!)

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Duane .. Here's the Image ... I had kaytothewhy Email it to me.
    Think you can work with the thin lines ??
    The turkey was great after un-dressing :D

Attached Files:

8. SignalPunch

SignalPunch

Let me fuss with it a bit. I do need to know the size, though - it'll make a difference in how small details are digitized.

9. kaytothewhy

1.5" by 3"? Or would that be too small? Like I said, I am no pro lol. As long as it's visible on the left side of the jacket, that's all that matters. If it needs to be bigger or smaller, that's fine too as long as it's visible!

10. SignalPunch

SignalPunch

Here a screen shot at just under 5" wide. Smaller than that and the detail gets lost.

Attached Files:

11. kaytothewhy

Wow that looks fantastic! It's perfect, the size should be just fine! Bigger is better in my opinion! Wow I am so excited to show this to her!

12. SignalPunch

SignalPunch

OK, here's the zip file with the files the embroiderer will need. They are provided as is.

13. kaytothewhy

You are an absolute life-saver. You have no idea how much this means to me! Thank you so so much, both of you, for your help. I didn't think I would ever be able to accomplish this, wow I am so happy! This forum is the best!! :D

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1077725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice