1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: dual boot problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tgmac, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tgmac

tgmac Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
    Can anyone advise?
    I bought a netbook (EMachines EMC350) with Win7 Starter pre-installed. Couldn't play movies on it due to the limitations on Win 7 Starter so partitioned the disc and installed a clean install of Windows Vista Home Premium on the new partition. All ok up to now as both systems boot fine. The problem i have is how to transfer my programs and hardware settings etc from the Win7 system to my new Vista system easily or will i have to reinstall the programs and drivers again?
    Thanks for looking.

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

A better move would be to Windows 7 Home Premium. You can upgrade your existing install with Microsoft's Anytime Upgrade program.

4. tgmac

tgmac Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice - went for the upgrade to Win7 Home Premium (used a free upgrade blog which i trace on YouTube which activated fine). Will now delete the Vista system.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I don't know of a way to legally upgrade Windows 7 for free, so whatever you downloaded or used is probably illegal.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice