1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dual booting xp and vista, network driver problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by joey2k, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joey2k

joey2k Thread Starter

Hi, ok, so i have an acer 7520g preinstalled with vista, and yesterday i bought xp so i could install it on second harddrive for gaming. After it was installed, i installed the updates, drivers for video card, speakers, directx, wireless network (atheros ar5007eg) but heres my problem:

I can't get cabled internet to work. When i launch vista (where everything works) and look under device manager it just says
    "Atheros.....(wireless)"
    "Microsoft 6to4-networkcard (Which btw has an 31 error?)
    "NVIDIA nForce Networking controller"

I got wireless working but i dont know what drivers i need to make cable work... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joey2k

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Welcome to TSG!

What does the Device Manager show when booted to XP?
    Did you download and install the Chipset driver for XP?
    From this thread:
    Choose the 7520g of course

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!