1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dual-Monitor Configuration: Stop Maximizing Windows Across Both Displays

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blujein, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blujein

blujein Thread Starter

Hello,

I have two Samsung SyncMaster 2243BW monitors that are connected to a single computer with a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 graphics card.

The problem I am having at the moment is that when you maximise a window, it gets maximised across the two displays rather than only on its relative display. As well as this, during log-in, the dialogue box is displayed directly in the middle of the two displays, making it unreadable.

Is there a way to correct this so that a maximized window would only be maximized on the display it appears on rather than across the two displays?

Also, it may be of relevance that when I view the 'Settings' tab in the display properties, only the settings for one monitor appear. I need to access the NVIDIA control panel to adjust settings for a dual-monitor configuration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. blujein

blujein Thread Starter

This issue actually resolved itself! I posted a moment too early.

A simple restart enabled additional options within the display properties to achieve what I wanted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754267

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice