1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dual Monitor Resolution question.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goldentreesang, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. goldentreesang

goldentreesang Thread Starter

Right now i have a laptop with max resolution 1600x900. I want to set up a dual monitor system. Should i buy a 1600x900 or a 1080p one? Will the 1080p ultimately be forced to use a 1600x900 display? What if i get a monitor that is of lower resolution?

aka

How do dual monitors with different resolutions work?

Thanks so much! im new to the forum so sorry if i did something wrong/out of etiquette.

2. goldentreesang

3. goldentreesang

is nobody willing to help?

4. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Dont worry, its not a problem. You can set resolutions separately for each screen, and they can be totally different. :)

5. goldentreesang

okay thanks so much! a trivial question but i wanted to make sure before i purchased one.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/922046