1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dual monitor setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 7Zephyr, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 7Zephyr

7Zephyr Thread Starter

Hi, I have a Radeon HD 6850 graphics card in my machine. It has two monitor ports, both DVI. But DVI is so rare that I don't have any around. Thankfully it came with one adapter so I could plug in a monitor, but my second monitor can't plug in.

On the motherboard there is a VGA spot, but when I plug in one monitor to the graphics card directly and one to the motherboard the one on the motherboard doesn't show anything.

Is there any way I could put two monitors without buying another adapter for DVI?

2. Lucky09

Lucky09

Hi,

The onboard graphics port will normally be disabled if you have an add-in card. If you want to setup dual monitor, there is no much option but to have compatible video cables/ adapters that will fit your Radeon HD 6850.

3. 7Zephyr

7Zephyr Thread Starter

Thanks. I'll just stop by best buy then.

4. Lucky09

Lucky09

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice