Solved: Dual monitor setup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

7Zephyr

Hi, I have a Radeon HD 6850 graphics card in my machine. It has two monitor ports, both DVI. But DVI is so rare that I don't have any around. Thankfully it came with one adapter so I could plug in a monitor, but my second monitor can't plug in.

On the motherboard there is a VGA spot, but when I plug in one monitor to the graphics card directly and one to the motherboard the one on the motherboard doesn't show anything.

Is there any way I could put two monitors without buying another adapter for DVI?

Hi,

The onboard graphics port will normally be disabled if you have an add-in card. If you want to setup dual monitor, there is no much option but to have compatible video cables/ adapters that will fit your Radeon HD 6850.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online