Solved: Dual OS converted to single OS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sunbuff

Hi Guys!...I was running Vista and Windows 7 as a dual OS on two HDDs. I have just removed the HDD with Vista on it and reverted to a purely W7 OS however, when I now bootup, I am still seeing the message on screen giving the choice of W7 or Vista. Can someone tell me how to remove this message?.
Any help will be appreciated.

TerryNet

Terry
One way ...

Hold the Windows logo key and press r. In the Run box type msconfig and hit Enter. On the Boot tab make sure Windows 7 is the default and delete the other entry.

Sunbuff

I am much obliged to you for your help, I have now got rid of the unwanted interface.
Kindest Regards,
Sunbuff.

TerryNet

Terry
You're welcome. :)

You can mark this solved using the
button at the upper left of the page.

(I reduced the font size of your post, 'cause the large size tends to annoy many people.)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online