1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Dubious win98 file: SULFNBK.EXE

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by downwitchyobadself, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself Thread Starter

Hi kids, quick question for you, which I could find an answer to myself, but I'm about to leave on vaaa-caaa-shun.

Can anyone give me the deets on the file SULFNBK.EXE ?

I was sent an e-mail saying delete it, it's a virus, and then another e-mail saying, don't delete, it's not a virus... Found it in my Windows directory.

Your words of wisdom are always appreshamated.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

It's a hoax that has had a recent resurgence. The file is a legitimate Windows file that is used to restore long file names.

It is true that this file can become infected or "carry" the magistr virus, but unless you have had that infection identified by an antivirus scanner, just ignore the e-mail.

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html

3. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself Thread Starter

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

That was a quickie allright -- have a good one! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62255

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice