1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dude wheres my Hard Drive !!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Azfar, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Azfar

Azfar Thread Starter

hi . i recently bought this new mother board by Asus, P5RD1-V. the problem is that when i try to install windows xp on my SATA HD, after the initial stage during which the setup copies all the drivers and then gives that option " to install windows XP press enter" plus one or two other options, when i press enter i get this massage that says " setup didnt find any hard drives installed on your system. check to see if any HD is installed .... " and then it goes on to say things like check your drive configuration or the drive health and things like that. all this when at the the bootup it does show the hard drive connected at SATA port 1. !! ? i run seagate diagnostic tool on it and it showes the drive as perfectly healthy. i dont know why is it doing it. the hard disk is spanking brand new. the same goes for the 120GB WD SATA. the interesting thing it has no issue with the good old IDE HD's. i connected my old maxtor IDE hard drive and the setup ran as smooth as it can get. i dont know why setup isent detecting the SATA HD. is it the board or is it somthing else. any ideas !

2. bigbear

bigbear

You need to load the sata drivers at f6 before you load windows
    The drivers are normally loaded onto a floppy from the mobo disc

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The drivers should be on your asus support CD. There should be a "make disk" folder. Open the folder and run the app. It will make the floppy for you.

Note you can also download the drivers from asus's site.

4. Azfar

Azfar Thread Starter

yessSSS. it worked :D . the cd was bootable. it asked for a floppy in the DOS mode. and made a drivers floppy. i pressed F6 at the start of windows setup ..it asked for the floppy and voila . my SATA is up and running :rolleyes: . thank you bear, crj.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Good work, I will mark this as solved. For future reference, you can mark your own thread as solved using the thread tools at the top of the page.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/507060

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice