1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dule boot windows 2003 server with windows xp home on 2 SATA hard drives?????

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bloodhacker2, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bloodhacker2

bloodhacker2 Thread Starter

Hey guys i have 2 sata hard drives and i need to know how to duel boot windows xp home with windows server 2003?

2. Wanderer2

Wanderer2

Install both drives
    Install xp home to the first drive
    Install 2003 server to the second drive
    You now have a dual boot system

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I'm not sure, I'm just typing to make sure you know that the only purpose to having Windows server 03 is to let it run all by itself 24/7. Otherwise you're better off just running home or pro in server-like mode if you need the gui.

If you have some other very specific non-standard usage practice in mind then never mind what I just typed!

4. Wanderer2

Wanderer2

There are a number of folks who run applications that only run on server which is why they want to dual boot. FYI

5. bloodhacker2

ha i know the order that is gos but what i need to know how to do is how to duel boot the together?

6. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

If you are asking if you can boot both OS's at the same time, no you cannot.

If you install in the order given by Wanderer2, you will get a bootloader during post, then you can select which OS you want to boot into. Easy as that.

7. bloodhacker2

ok cool, that is what was wanting to know...

8. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Ahh, sort of a temporary testing environment so when something gets shipped off to the real server one knows how its going to behave. That makes sense, though I would prefer to virtualize something like that if I could.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/732903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice