1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dumping windows 8 for 7

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by "6", Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. "6"

"6" Thread Starter

I upgraded my laptop from windows 7 to windows 8 and I really hate 8 at this point.maybe later I’ll try it again just not right now Can I go back to 7 and how do I do it . just point me in the right direction and I can get the rest (most of the time) thanks for looking .

2. C141

C141

3. "6"

"6" Thread Starter

thanks but it's not just the small stuff it the whole thing. programs won't run right, programs wont run and I just dont like 8 .

4. C141

C141

It does seem to be a love it or hate it OS. Reminder..... provide us with your make, model etc.

5. "6"

"6" Thread Starter

Toshiba Satellite C875-S7205. thank you for looking

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It's not likely that you can still use the Recovery partition after installing a different OS. Assuming you can't, use your Windows 7 installation DVD, your set of Recovery DVDs (or see if you can purchase from the PC manufacturer if you neglected to create it), or your most recent backup image of Windows 7.

7. C141

C141

Determine if you still have a working Win 7 recovery partition & or a set of Toshiba supplied Discs.

System Recovery Using Your Recovery Partition: http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System...Perform-system-recovery-Windows-7/ta-p/279643

If recovery partition is no go, order the Recovery Discs from Toshiba, or as TerryNet stated 'use your Windows 7 installation DVD, your set of Recovery DVDs or your most recent backup image of Windows 7.'

Order Recovery Discs: https://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/serviceUnitVerification.jsp?orderType=SFF

8. "6"

"6" Thread Starter

would it be better and easier to just do a clean install of windows 7 ?

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It depends on what media you have or your preference. Some people prefer "recover to factory defaults" because they don't have to worry about drivers or OEM supplied utilities. Other people prefer a "clean" install to avoid OEM "bloatware."

10. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    [QUOTE="6";8612201]would it be better and easier to just do a clean install of windows 7 ?[/QUOTE]

If you do decide to do a clean install to avoid the OEM "bloatware", make use of the support and driver downloads site for that Toshiba Satellite C875-S7205 to obtain and save the necessary device drivers before you start.

--------------------------------------------------------

11. C141

C141

Whichever method you choose, you'd need to get the system back up to date afterwards.

Both choices would 'Wipe Clean' format the OS partition so back up all your files to a flash drive or external HD prior to doing either.

So, do you have a Toshiba recovery disc or restore partition? Do you have a Win 7 disc?

12. "6"

"6" Thread Starter

I'm going to keep 8 for now. my brother talked me in to it. thank you for the help.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice