Solved: Duplicate emails issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DonChoudhry

Hi,

I have Office 2007 installed at both my Home laptop and my Work laptop. AT home laptop I have NOD32 antivirus installed. NOD32 scans every incomming email and marks "
This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
http://www.eset.com" on the email.

Recently I took backup from Home laptop and imported on office laptop. After importing the backup I have now duplicate copies of all the emails. One of the each duplicate email has a mark "This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
http://www.eset.com" since it was scanned by NOD32. Is there any way to remove all the duplicate emails?

Try using the "Find" feature in the email program. In the "Look for:" box, copy and paste or type "checked by NOD32 antivirus". Search in all mail folders and it should find all your duplicates. Click on the first one, Hold the shift down and click on the last one to select them all, then click the delete button.
Apart from all the pretty changes in Office 07 I think most of the features are similar Office 03 so it should work.

DonChoudhry

Thanks ....can't do that though because some of the email are only recieved from home and not from office so if I do what you suggested it'll delete those emails as well which I don't have duplicate of.

Thanks allot for your concern. Any other way????

jimr381

Jim
On top of what Zaurus said do the same thing Zaurus was saying, but instead of searching for the text "checked by NOD32 antivirus" search for the e-mails that do not contain the text from the "Advanced" tab in "Advanced Find".

Follow what both jimr381 and I suggest. Then manually select those emails that aren't duplicated. Hold the Ctrl key down and click on those that you want to keep to de-select them.
It may take time, but using advanced search options as suggested by jimr, such as "date sent" should make them relatively easy to identify. If one was received from home and not work then there should only be one of that message.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online