Solved: Duplicate Emails Problem - Outlook 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

strocky

O/S -: Windows XP SP3

Application -: Outlook 2003 11.8206.8202 SP3

Email Server Type -: IMAP

Background -: Recently re-installed MS Office 2003, due to Word/Exel/Outlook crashing with a 0xc00000005 exception (turned out it was a Network Printer problem which I've now resolved)

Current Problem -: Outlook is downloading TWO IDENTICAL COPY emails, and If I delete or send to Junk Folder one copy, it deletes/moves the other copy!

If I view my emails using my Web Browser based email client, I only see ONE copy of the email (as it should be)

A couple of things I've noticed about Outlook behaving differently is -:

a) The Send/Receive progress % does'nt show anymore

b) If I navigate on Outlook to Tools, Option, Mail Setup - when I select the Send/Receive Options, nothing happens (there are no further options). the same is true if I try to access the Send/Receive Options via the toolbar

c) The 1st of the duplicate emails is blank with the following header -: "This is a message header. The Full Item has not been downloaded", the 2nd duplicate email has the relevant email information

Any ideas?

Well try this...go on the webmail and create a new folder and move all the emails to the new folder ...
That should take care of this issue which happens becoz of email corruption and remember its an imap account i.e.mirror image of webmail ...so if you delete emails in webmail or outlook you wont be able to find them anywhere

strocky

Thanks for the reply, the issue seems to have resolved itself this morning of it's own volition :confused:

Fingers crossed that it stays the same!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts