Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Duplicate Emails Problem - Outlook 2003

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  strocky 
#1 ·
O/S -: Windows XP SP3

Application -: Outlook 2003 11.8206.8202 SP3

Email Server Type -: IMAP

Background -: Recently re-installed MS Office 2003, due to Word/Exel/Outlook crashing with a 0xc00000005 exception (turned out it was a Network Printer problem which I've now resolved)

Current Problem -: Outlook is downloading TWO IDENTICAL COPY emails, and If I delete or send to Junk Folder one copy, it deletes/moves the other copy!

If I view my emails using my Web Browser based email client, I only see ONE copy of the email (as it should be)

A couple of things I've noticed about Outlook behaving differently is -:

a) The Send/Receive progress % does'nt show anymore

b) If I navigate on Outlook to Tools, Option, Mail Setup - when I select the Send/Receive Options, nothing happens (there are no further options). the same is true if I try to access the Send/Receive Options via the toolbar

c) The 1st of the duplicate emails is blank with the following header -: "This is a message header. The Full Item has not been downloaded", the 2nd duplicate email has the relevant email information

Any ideas?

See less See more
#2 ·
Well try this...go on the webmail and create a new folder and move all the emails to the new folder ...
That should take care of this issue which happens becoz of email corruption and remember its an imap account i.e.mirror image of webmail ...so if you delete emails in webmail or outlook you wont be able to find them anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.