1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: DVD audio and video playback is jumpy

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Londoner85, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Londoner85

Londoner85 Thread Starter

Hi Guys, im having a bit of a problem with my dvd player on my laptop. the laptop is a Dell XPS M170 running XP pro and the dvd player is an HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T21N. the original died a few weeks ago and i got a replacement part under warranty. the problem is that now i can not watch films. i get about a second or two then it will pause for a second or two. I have updated the firmware and drivers, i have also turned the hardware acceleration on and off. this playback problem occurs in both VLC and Windows Media Player which both worked with my previous drive. its starting to bug me now and any ideas would be great although i am starting to think that perhaps it is a faulty drive and i should get a new replacement??

2. Londoner85

Londoner85 Thread Starter

anyone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/869819

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice