Solved: dvd broke?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

js-ss

My dvd drive will not recognize disk. it sees cd's but not dvds

SUEOHIO

SUE
what model computer do u have and what version of windows do u have? has the dvd drive ever recognized dvds? if not it may not have the proper codec to do so. if it did in the past than the drive may need to be replaced. hope this helps u.

js-ss

It's a HP 1130 running Win XP.. I have been making DVDs for a long time but it now keeps responding with "insert a disk into drive E" even though one in there. That drive will open a CD and the DVDs I had made earlier run everywhere but not on this drive. Your first response mentioned replacing it. I'm leaning that way now.

Thanks So Much

JS-SS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online