1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: dvd burner wont work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Aidan-1, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aidan-1

Aidan-1 Thread Starter

HI, my computer plays dvds and even though i have burn software, it wont burn dvds.. I have tried different discs to no avail. I get the same notice every time"no disk in drive" or "please insert a writable disk". My computer is; Windows xp Pro,Version 2002, SP3, Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.2 GHz, 1.5 GB of RAM. The dvd driver# is HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC 4482, when i check this in device manager ther is no way to enable it. Properties says its working fine, it also has a big red X above the drive #.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Aidan-1, and welcome to TSG.

I believe that the HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC 4482 can read and write CDs but can only read DVDs. It does not support burning DVDs.

3. Aidan-1

Aidan-1 Thread Starter

Thanks cwwozniak, Do you know if I can download a suitable drive, or do I have to buy a mechanical plug in device.

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    You cant download a cd/dvd drive. You will either have to replace the one in the computer with one that reads and burns cds/dvds or get an external one that plugs into a usb port.

5. Aidan-1

Aidan-1 Thread Starter

Thank you Sueohio, I do believe I will go and buy a plug in drive, I am in melbourne australia.

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    You are welcome.I hope that solves the problem for you.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029272

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice