Solved: dvd burner wont work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aidan-1

HI, my computer plays dvds and even though i have burn software, it wont burn dvds.. I have tried different discs to no avail. I get the same notice every time"no disk in drive" or "please insert a writable disk". My computer is; Windows xp Pro,Version 2002, SP3, Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.2 GHz, 1.5 GB of RAM. The dvd driver# is HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC 4482, when i check this in device manager ther is no way to enable it. Properties says its working fine, it also has a big red X above the drive #.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi Aidan-1, and welcome to TSG.

I believe that the HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC 4482 can read and write CDs but can only read DVDs. It does not support burning DVDs.

Aidan-1

Thanks cwwozniak, Do you know if I can download a suitable drive, or do I have to buy a mechanical plug in device.

SUEOHIO

SUE
You cant download a cd/dvd drive. You will either have to replace the one in the computer with one that reads and burns cds/dvds or get an external one that plugs into a usb port.

Aidan-1

Thank you Sueohio, I do believe I will go and buy a plug in drive, I am in melbourne australia.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online