Solved: dvd/cd burner doesn't work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thoyler

Hello all:

I have just installed a new CD/DVD burner (Watshita) and the software (NERO) I was using with the old CD burner does not work.
I am working on an XP Pro os.

Please Help

Did you get any burning software with your new burner? If you did you will have to use it or find a free burning program.

you need uninstall nero and mayne get the demo off thier site if you want to use it still nero you had was probly for a cdrw only and now your drive is a cdrw and dvd so its differt.

To clarify the above, the version of Nero that came with your CD burner is limited to working with that make and model of burner, so it will not work with a new DVD burner.

Usually new burners come with such bundled software, did yours not have a copy of Nero with it?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
What exactly about the new drive "doesn't work". Can you give us some exact symptoms?

thoyler

I think the Nero I'm using did come the old Sony CD burner.
The software that came with this DVD/CD writer is "ULEAD" & "Nova Backup".

Well the drive seems to work OK as a reader (reads all CDs & DVDs), but I am only able to burn image files to it as a cd burner (using Nero). I used a DVD copy program and it did burn something, but then it was unreadable by both itself and the other drive; DVD/CD-ROM.

I did not know the drive/writer could be incompatible with the Nero or any other writing software.

What can I do to continue to use the Nero, and also how do I use it as a DVD writer?

thanks

thoyler

sorry I've been so long, out of town.

Its a "Hammer Storage MATSHITA DVD-RAM SW-9585 DVD Burner ", made by Panasonic (MATSHITA) drive.

having trouble burning CD/DVD's: please help.

regards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online