1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dvd drive not recognized (code 19)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by bigbear, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigbear

bigbear Thread Starter

Hi All
    I have recently upgraded to Win 8 pro and now my DVD drive is not recognized.
    I have tried the registry fix from MS but it did not work.

Acer Aspire 5735Z notebook

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I am unsure as to which registry fix you refer - as there is more than one depending on the problem
    Have you checked if drivers are available for Windows 8 on the Acer site for your notebook
    What else have you tried please
    I realise that drivers are not needed to be actually downloaded for the drive per se - but other drivers effect the ability of the OS to see the drive
    Is it shown in device manager
    Is it shown in Disk Management

According to my brief examination of the issue Acer for the computer
    Aspire 5735Z
    Windows® XP Windows Vista®

does not even offer drivers for Windows 7

Quite apart from the Optical drive issue, you may well encounter other problems, if indeed you have not already done so.

3. dai

dai

4. bigbear

bigbear Thread Starter

Thanks for the info.
    I decided to uninstall all the downloaded programs and reboot, DVD drive is now recognized.
    I have no idea which program was causing the problem, if I find out I will post it.
    Thanks again (y)

5. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Thks for replying normally it will be a program that uses the DVD drive
    Have you installed any CD/DVD type programs just about the time this happened.
    Some compete for resources, especially those in Start, and can cause this and
    other related drive issues. iTunes is an example but not the only one which can
    play a role in these issues.

If you are able to ID that after attempting to reinstall those, I would see if there is an update offered
    Power DVD apparently is known for causing it

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice