1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: dvd & dvdrw not recognising

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by garypatel, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. garypatel

garypatel Thread Starter

Hi, about two months ago my friend built a computer for me, it has worked spot-on until i tried to play a dvd, it won't let me, i can hear the dvd play but the pc wil not recognise my dvd or dvdrw. my desktop is a 4gb ram and a quad @ 2.4ghz, and i am on windows 7. Please help. Thanks in advance. Gary.

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. LegendaryWolf

LegendaryWolf

this could be a defective DVD-RAM drive. I had to replace mine after purchasing my laptop at what was 2 months at the time.

4. garypatel

garypatel Thread Starter

Hi, many thanks for your quick replies, i was not expecting it to come this quick!!! i tried running 'fixcd' (taken from forum) and hey presto my computer recognised both dvd and dvdrw, however, my dvdrw is making a 'wirring' noise', and i suspect that it might need replacing. Once again, A BIG thank you for replying and to all the guys and girls at admin.
    Gary

5. steppingstone64

steppingstone64

I have been playing my media player for a while but all of a sudden, since a friend loaded his mp3 player to my computer through a front usb port... it will no longer play my music already in the file nor play a cd.

6. LegendaryWolf

LegendaryWolf

well, my dvd-ram drive was like that before i replaced it. at first it was fine, then it made a weird noise, and now its replaced cause it would only load cd's, and that left me at a bad state because a friend screwed up my pc AND deleted my recovery partition, and it wouldnt boot any of my os dvd's

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice