Solved: dvd not writing into disc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

khanahmedabbas

hello,

few days before i burn dvd disc using nero 7, i have cd/dvd in laptop now when i try to burn image using dvd or create data dvd the burn button is unclickable.

i inserted cd and it lets me burn iso files using cd but not using dvd

what can be the problem ?

there is no virus in my laptop i have avg 8.5 and latest malwarebytes software.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Does this only happen with ISO files? If the ISO file is formatted for a CD, you may not be able to burn it to a DVD. Or can you not burn any data to a DVD? Are you selecting DVD as the desired format? Does your drive appear in the drop-down box at the top of the Nero program window as the destination drive?

khanahmedabbas

yes i selected as dvd but dvd is not writting it is only reading, cd is writting.

what can be the solution ?

khanahmedabbas

ok here i go again,

it doesnt happen with iso only it happens with data dvd also, if iso file is formatted for cd then it can be atleast burn as data dvd it doesn't, i even checked with cd iso it doesnt burn anything into dvd i am unable to burn any data to dvd, i even selected dvd as desired format but nothing happens. Yes drive appears in the box 1) image recorder 2) dvd drive so i selected dvd drive.

khanahmedabbas

after a while, i just tried again i clicked on nero start smart then backup then clicked on Burned image to disc and next it opened a window asking for image files so i selected image file and clicked open next it showed me final burner settings where in current recorder dvd drive is selected and in disc type dvd is selected but it is not clickable just like burn button.

Hermitt43

Jim
after a while, i just tried again i clicked on nero start smart then backup then clicked on Burned image to disc and next it opened a window asking for image files so i selected image file and clicked open next it showed me final burner settings where in current recorder dvd drive is selected and in disc type dvd is selected but it is not clickable just like burn button.
Maybe I'm not grasping exactly what you're trying to do here.
You can NOT burn a cd ISO image to a DVD. You can however, burn a ISO file to a DATA DVD.
If you are trying to burn a Backup of a CD to a DVD then it won't happen.

Hermitt43

Jim
Do you actually have a dvd burner or just a cd burner?
If you have a cd/dvd burner then either your drive is bad or the nero 7 software may need to be reinstalled.

khanahmedabbas

i have cd/dvd burner two in one.

ohh my god now it lets me burn dvd i dont know what was the problem but what i did was ejected dvd then go back to nero again and followed the same steps.

however right now at the same moment i am burning dvd while posting message here dvd makes some voices and its little slow.

if it burns dvd successfully i will mark this thread as solved.

khanahmedabbas

it went till 80% and failed to write into dvd, trying to burn again with next dvd.

now again burn button is not clickable

khanahmedabbas

now i inserted new dvd disc and now it showed burn button, last time i was surfing the web and opened applications while the dvd was burning and it failed to write.

This time i left the laptop with nero express and dvd disc so the burning took 17 minutes to burn 3.47 GB iso file using nero 7 version.

It is solved now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online