1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: DVD Player help

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by venisha, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. venisha

venisha Thread Starter

Hi. I have a Samsung DVD VR335 DVD Player/Recorder and VCR combo. For quite some time now the DVD player has caused problems. Constantly says "Cannot read disk" even on brand new movies. After trying several times it will usually play. But it refuses to read blank DVD-Rs at all anymore. I have did the channel button reset... called Samsung... there are no software updates... I've tried different types of disks. I've tried manually cleaning it... nothing seems to work. And it absolutly Refuses to read my disk cleaner disk anymore and it used to read it just fine. Can anyone help please? I would really love to have my DVD Recorder/Player back. Tapes drive me nuts lol. Thanks in advance for any help at all :)

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Another reason not to buy "combo" electronics, if one breaks, you have to replace both.

Sounds like the drive has died, sorry.

3. venisha

venisha Thread Starter

thanks... i guess its time to get a new one. just wanted to make sure i tried everything first :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/774255