Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: DVD Player is down!

998 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  coineeze 
#1 ·
I have had an HP a6342p Tower running W7 64bit quite successfully for a few years. When trying to use the DVD player today, I ran into the following issue.
The DVD/CD drive has stopped working. When checking in Device Manager, it suggests HL-DT-ST-DVD-RAM GH10L is not working properly.
I download the fix from HP’s website (sp37493) which I tried to run (unsuccessfully) and received the following error message: “Your system does not meet the minimum requirement for this upgrade”.
Not sure I understand this as it’s the original factory fitted device.
I checked driver update in Device Manager and received the following message; “Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date”.
Last message I received from Device Manager is; “Windows cannot start hardware device because it’s configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged”.
Can some kind person please help me resolve and understand what I'm up against?
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
1. Click on "Start" button, the click on "Run".

2. Enter "regedit.exe" and press "Enter".

3. When regedit starts, open up the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/system/currentcontrolset/control/class/
{4d36e965-e325 -11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}.

4. After clicking on {4d36e965-e325 -11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} you should see two settings on the right-hand side:
"upperfilters"
"lowerfilters"
Click on each of them, press "Delete" key and click "Yes".

Or you can download this reg file to do the same thing.

Use CDGone Variant if the other didn't work or you once had Roxio, but use the other one first.

#3 ·
Envandil - I think you are my new BFF! It worked like a charm - thank you so much! Now, if only I could give you the correct lottery numbers for Saturday........

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.