1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dvd - R

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by rubeckf, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rubeckf

rubeckf Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ruth
    I'm trying to copy some old classic disney movies of a friends from VHS to DVD. The ones that are over 2 hrs long....can they be transferred? The 4.7 says 2 hrs. Are there any that will hold any more than that. She gave me 14 to copy, and of those, 5 are over 2hrs. One is 2hrs 6 min and another 8 min over. Will those copy ok? I have a VHS to DVD copier.
    Thanks for any insight into this.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    The copier may refuse to function if it senses any kind of copy protection, like MacroVision, on the tapes.

3. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

obviously if it's over 120 min, it won't copy 2 a standard 4.7 dvd. u could try a dvd9, but they're expensive & would be a waste 4 just a few minutes. i transferred some of my vhs 2 dvd, but they were all under 120 min & there were a few that wouldn't copy because of macrovision protection. good luck :D

4. rubeckf

rubeckf Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ruth
    thanks. Guess I'll just have to give it a try and see what happens.

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    You may also want to see if the DVD recorder portion supports alternate recording modes that extends the recording time at the cost of reduced video quality. We have a stand alone DVD Recorder that allows selecting between 2 and 4 hours per disc.

6. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

The time makes no difference. Depending on the quality you want you can easily get over 3 hours on 4.7GB disc if you so desire. Your DVD recorder should have settings just like a VCR or something similiar. My Pioneer sets recording time in 10 minute intervals.

Read the manual.

7. rubeckf

rubeckf Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ruth
    thanks, I'll start on 1 later tonight & see how it goes.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice