Solved: Dvd - R

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rubeckf

Ruth
I'm trying to copy some old classic disney movies of a friends from VHS to DVD. The ones that are over 2 hrs long....can they be transferred? The 4.7 says 2 hrs. Are there any that will hold any more than that. She gave me 14 to copy, and of those, 5 are over 2hrs. One is 2hrs 6 min and another 8 min over. Will those copy ok? I have a VHS to DVD copier.
Thanks for any insight into this.

cwwozniak

Chuck
rubeckf said:
I have a VHS to DVD copier.
The copier may refuse to function if it senses any kind of copy protection, like MacroVision, on the tapes.

obviously if it's over 120 min, it won't copy 2 a standard 4.7 dvd. u could try a dvd9, but they're expensive & would be a waste 4 just a few minutes. i transferred some of my vhs 2 dvd, but they were all under 120 min & there were a few that wouldn't copy because of macrovision protection. good luck :D

rubeckf

Ruth
thanks. Guess I'll just have to give it a try and see what happens.

cwwozniak

Chuck
You may also want to see if the DVD recorder portion supports alternate recording modes that extends the recording time at the cost of reduced video quality. We have a stand alone DVD Recorder that allows selecting between 2 and 4 hours per disc.

MysticEyes

Banned
rubeckf said:
I'm trying to copy some old classic disney movies of a friends from VHS to DVD. The ones that are over 2 hrs long....can they be transferred? The 4.7 says 2 hrs. Are there any that will hold any more than that. She gave me 14 to copy, and of those, 5 are over 2hrs. One is 2hrs 6 min and another 8 min over. Will those copy ok? I have a VHS to DVD copier.
Thanks for any insight into this.
The time makes no difference. Depending on the quality you want you can easily get over 3 hours on 4.7GB disc if you so desire. Your DVD recorder should have settings just like a VCR or something similiar. My Pioneer sets recording time in 10 minute intervals.

Read the manual.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online